B.Com (Transport Management)
Bachelor of Transport Management is a 3 year full-time degree program. The Bachelor degree is affiliated to University of Mumbai. This degree is of three years partitioned into six semesters. The course study empowers the students to understand diverse aspects related to various modes of transport and other related areas of transport industry. The same helps them to develop a testing profession in the field of transport management. BTM course confers sufficient aptitudes in the understudy to pass on their thoughts among masses in the more exact and straightforward way. The same likewise gives other important aptitudes, for example, correspondence, research bent, verbal and presentation abilities to applicant.
1.1 Transport Management
1.2 Roads and Roads Transport
1.3 Railway Transport
1.4 Foundation Course - I
1.5 Business Communication - I
1.6 Business Economics - I
1.7 Business Mathematics
2.1 Logistics and Supply Chain Management
2.2 Traffic Management
2.3 Air Transport
2.4 Foundation Course - II
2.5 Business Communication - II
2.6 Financial Accounting
2.7 Shipping and Water Transport
3.1 Service Marketing
3.2 Productivity and Quality Management
3.3 Transport Law
3.4 Warehousing and Inventory Control
3.5 Information Technology in Transport-I
3.6 Transport Environment Management
3.7 Transport Project Management
4.1 Survey in Transport
4.2 Management Accounting
4.3 Multimodal Transport
4.4 Information Technology in Transport - II
4.5 Health and Safety & Facility Management
4.6 Business Economics - II
4.7 Transport Containerisation & Distribution
5.1 HRM & IR
5.2 Transport Insurance & Risk Management
5.3 Transport Planning
5.4 Maritime Transport and Economics
5.5 Strategic Management
5.6 Port Operation and Management
5.7 Transport Costing
5.8 Ethics & PR in Transport
6.1 International Trade and Transport
6.2 Fleet Operations and Management
6.3 Analytical Modelling and Transport
6.4 Tourism Management
6.5 Transport Policy and Documentation
6.6 Project on Research Work
6.7 Re-Engineering & Turnaround Management
6.8 Community Development - Project
A candidate for being eligible for admission to the Bachelor of Commerce (Transport Management) Degree course shall have passed XII std. examination of the Maharashtra State Board of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent and secured not less than 45% marks in aggregate at first attempt (40% in case of reserved category) in any stream i.e Arts, Commerce and Science. Every candidate admitted to the degree course shall have to register himself/herself with the University of Mumbai.
Admission to the course offered by the rules framed by the University of Mumbai from time to time and will be given at the commencement of the first semester.
Candidates seeking admission other than Maharashtra board and colleges affiliated other than University of Mumbai must produce a Transfer Certificate from the board/college last attended.
Transport Management is the need of the hour for all business related activities. This Programme provides knowledge about various modes of transport; service, productivity and quality management; transport costing and law, HRM, ethics, communication etc.
Scheme of Examination
The Scheme of the Examination shall be divided in two parts:
1. Internal Assessment – 25 Marks
The allocation of 25 marks shall be on the following basis:
a) One class tests of 20 marks to be held in the given semester.
b) 5 marks for Class Participation and Attendance.
2. Semester End Examination – 75 Marks
a) Duration – This examination shall be of 2½ hours.
- BTM Department organised a webinar on ‘Why MBA after Graduation’ in association with IMS conducted by Mr. Prasad on 2nd June 2020
- Mr. Abhishek Narayan conducted a workshop on resume building on 30th July 2020
- BTM for the 1st time organised MINGLINE a fun filled bonding interactive session exclusively for the BTM students on 8th October 2020
- Organised an Orientation Program for the 1st year BTM students to make them acquainted with the course and various extra-curricular and co-curricular activities on18th September 2020.
- BTM students arranged an online Christmas Eve named X-MAS ZOOM for BTM department on 24th December filled with various thrilling and energetic activities.
- A Boot-camp was organised at ISME for third year students on the topic ‘Entrepreneurship Post Pandemic’ on 21st January 2021. The session was conducted by Prof Omkar Pandharkarne
- BTM Analogue Pre-event, “Guess Who is this”, Organized on BTM social media handle, 23rd January & 24th January 2021.
- BTM Analogue 2021;
- Don’t be puzzled & Crack the password, 28th January 2021.
- Mr. & Ms. Analogue, 29th January 2021.
- Flashback! : Alumni event, 29th January 2021.
- BTM & RCHC Collaboration “E-RYLA”;
- Guest lectures on Goal Setting Techniques (by Mr. Sameer Narad), 7th February 2021.
- Orientation session on How To Develop the ability to influence people (by Mr. Sameer Narad), 9th February 2021.
- Master-class on Professional Ethics (by Dr. Shradha Jain), 10th February 2021.
- Department organised a ‘FLASHBACK Program “exclusively for the BTM Alumni on 29th January, 2021.
- A Finance Literacy Program – ‘How to manage your finance’ was organised in association with SEBI on 24th March, 2021. The lecture was delivered by Dr. Ranu Jain.
- BTM PRISM – Inter-Collegiate Event organised on 19th and 20th April, 2021.
- Theme- Vocal for Local
- Events- MEMESTAAN
- SHUDH DESI
- MADE IN INDIA
- Tata Consultancy Services
- South Indian Bank
- Dr. Shradha Jain (Course Co-ordinator)
- Dr. Seethalakshmi Iyer
- Dr. Shradha Jain (Course Co-ordinator)