ATKT Exam Form Notice
TYBCOM V & VI ATKT Exam Notice April 2021
TYBCOM Lower Exam Details Notice
M.Com Sem I Externals Timetable
Time Table Exams MAPR MACJ Year -1 SEM -I REGULAR & ATKT Online Examination March 2021
Notice MAPR MACJ Regular &ATKT Sem-I Examination March 2021
Guidelines for the Students for Sem 1 online examination of MAPR MACJ Year I March 2021
Notice (Convocation Distribution)
Bachelor of Arts in Multimedia and Mass Communication(B.A.M.M.C)
The three-year Bachelor of Mass Media programme is affiliated to the University of Mumbai. It is a full-time degree programme divided into six semesters. The course enables an in-depth understanding of the dynamic field of mass media in its various forms – print, radio, television, advertising, PR, new media and films. In the third year, students select any one of the specialisations from Advertising and Journalism.
The teaching methodology incorporates lectures, sessions with industry experts, and workshops, and lays special emphasis on field-based projects. Students are encouraged to work on independent projects and give presentations in class. The guest lectures with industry experts facilitate open and meaningful interaction between students and professionals from the industry.
1.1 Effective Communication Skills-I
1.2 Introduction to Computers
1.3 Introduction to Sociology
1.4 Landmarks Events in History of World, India and Maharashtra
1.5 Introduction to Economics
1.6 Fundamentals of Mass Communication
2.1 Effective Communication Skills-II
2.2 Introduction to Literature
2.3 Introduction to Media Psychology
2.4 Principles of Marketing
2.5 Principles of Management
2.6 Political Concepts and the Indian Political System
3.1 Introduction to Creative Writing
3.2 Introduction to Media Studies
3.3 Introduction to Culture Studies
3.4 Advanced Computers
3.5 Introduction to Public Relations
3.6 Understanding Cinema
4.1 Introduction to Journalism
4.2 Introduction to Advertising
4.3 Mass Media Research
4.4 Print Production & Photography
4.5 Organizational Behaviour
4.6 Radio and Television
SEMESTER - V (ADVERTISING)
5.1 Advertising in Contemporary Society
5.3 Brand Building
5.4 Consumer Behaviour
5.5 Media Planning and Buying
5.6 Ad Design
SEMESTER - V (JOURNALISM)
5.3 Features and Opinion
5.4 Journalism and Public Opinion
5.5 Indian Regional Journalism
5.6 Newspaper & Magazine Making
SEMESTER - VI
6.1 Advertising & Marketing Research
6.2 Legal Environment and
6.3 Financial Management for Advertising and Marketing
6.4 Agency Management
6.5 The Principles and Practices of Direct Marketing
6.6 Contemporary Issues
6.7 Digital Media
SEMESTER - VI (JOURNALISM) 6.1 Press Laws and Ethics
6.2 Broadcast Journalism
6.3 Business and Magazine Journalism
6.4 Issues of Global Media
A Candidate for being eligible for admission to the degree course Bachelor of Mass Media shall have passed the Std. XII examination, of the Maharashtra Board of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent, with minimum 45%, from the Arts, Science or Commerce stream. Every Candidate admitted to the degree course will have to register himself/herself with the University.
Admission to the course offered by the rules framed by the University of Mumbai from time to time and will be given at the commencement of the first semester.
Candidates seeking admission other than Maharashtra board and colleges affiliated other than University of Mumbai must produce a Transfer Certificate from the board/college last attended.
This Programme has a wide embrace. It includes instruction in History, Literature, Psychology, Management, Political Science, Media, IT and several other subjects. It prepares a student to make a direct entry into the exciting world of mass media and even pursue the MACJ or any other related Master's Programme. It is best suited for students with an aptitude for creativity and language.
Scheme of Examination
The Scheme of the Examination shall be divided in two parts:
1. Internal Assessment – 25 Marks
The allocation of 25 marks shall be on the following basis:
a) One class tests of 20 marks to be held in the given semester.
b) 5 marks for Class Participation and Attendance.
2. Semester End Examination – 75 Marks
a) Duration – This examination shall be of 2½ hours.
- Certificate course in Film-Making :- The Department of BAMMC offered a Certificate course in FILM-MAKING in collaboration with ISME. Students learned about the various aspects of film-making from cinematography, visual storytelling, production, pre- production, and post production. (March 10-15, 2021)
- Boot camp :- An online boot camp was held for TYBMM students by Mr Pratik Hinduja from ISME School of Management and Entrepreneurship. He spoke about Entrepreneurship & Digital Media Marketing. (January 21, 2021)
- Guest Lecture :- The Department conducted a guest lecture by Mr. Pankaj Athavale (Radio Jockey & Sports Commentator) for the students of SYBAMMC where he spoke and informed students about radio scriptwriting, radio ads, and radio production. (November 2, 2020)
- Alumni Connect Session :- An interactive session on ‘Effective Public Speaking’ was taken by Mr. Aman Sharma, well known emcee and a Hinduja BMM Alumni. The session focused on how to communicate effectively to a large audience and other insights of public speaking. The session was followed by a question-answer round where Mr. Sharma shared success mantras. (November 25, 2020)
- Another alumni session was taken by Mr. Atharva Pande, Assistant Producer at Mirror Now for TYBMM (Journalism) students. He guided students on "How to Design a News Magazine". (20th February, 2021)
- Sound Editing Workshop :- This workshop was conducted by Dr. Mangesh Karandikar (Director MET). He explained the process of sound editing and key terms like bass, treble, noise reduction etc. The students also tried their hands at audio mixing using the software that was provided. (18th March 2021)
- Career Guidance Session :- A career guidance session was organized for students of SYBAMMC. Mr. Prateek Singh guided students regarding the subject specialization in TYBAMMC and provided insights on career opportunities after graduation. (17th May 2021)
- Social Awareness Event - Maskwali Diwali :- 'Let this Diwali, safety prevail! #issdiwalikhushiyokesaathmaskbhibaato' was an online event where all the students and teachers of BAMMC department participated by sending their pictures wearing a mask with traditional Diwali outfits. The collage was posted on the @bmmhinduja Instagram page. (November 15, 2020)
- Virtual Diwali Celebration :- The students of FYBAMMC composed a poem about missing their college experience amongst the pandemic and presented it via video to celebrate Diwali virtually. It was posted on @bmmhinduja’s Instagram page. (November 13, 2020)
- Glitzy Glam :- A traditional dress up contest was organized for BAMMC students. Students showcased their creativity through their outfits. All participants’ entries were reposted on the @bmmhinduja Instagram page for appreciating their efforts. (November 14, 2020)
- Social awareness event - Click Corona :- An online event organized for students of BAMMC where participants had to send in a photo having an element of Covid-19 precautionary measure and their Diwali celebration. These pictures were reposted on the @bmmhinduja Instagram page. (November 16, 2020)
- Master Class on Anchoring 101 :- As part of an initiative to inculcate peer to peer learning among students of various departments, mentoring session for students by student mentor on anchoring/ diction etc., a master class on anchoring was conducted by Student Mentor, Ms. Tejaswini, a professional anchor and host and currently a student of TYBMM on 9th March 2021.
- The Asian Age
- Hill Road Media Services (P) Ltd.
- The Mirror Merchants
- Red Reel Productions
- Times Internet
- Dr. Priyambada Choubey (Course Co-ordinator)
- Dr. Rommani Sen
- Ms. Seema Narendranan
- Dr. Priyambada Choubey (Course Co-ordinator)