B.Com (Banking & Insurance)
Bachelor of Commerce (Banking and Insurance) is a 3-year full time degree program. The Bachelor degree is affiliated to University of Mumbai. This degree is of three years partitioned into six semesters. The Banking and Insurance field has turn out to be most prevalent profession pathway for some youths these days. This course is aimed to create trained professionals who are able to handle various financial activities associated with banking and insurance sector. It helps the people to open themselves to operational environment in Banking, Insurance and other related firms in the monetary administration area. Understudies are taught to handle different advancements utilized in the field of Banking, and Insurance by experiencing application-level preparing. Some of the job options for graduates in Banking and Insurance are Budget Analysts, Business Consultants, Certified Public Accountant, Auditors, Actuaries, Budget Planning, Cost Estimators, Entrepreneurs, Business Consultancies, Inve
1. Environment and Management of Financial Services
2. Principles of Management
3. Effective Communication-I
4. Economics Methods-I
5. Quantitative Methods - I
6. Financial Accounting
7. Foundation Course - I
1. Principles and Practices of Banking & Insurance
2. Business Law
3. Financial Accounting - II
4. Business Communication - II
5. Foundation Course - II
6. Organisational Behaviour
7. Quantitative Methods-II
1. Financial Management-I
2. Management Accounting
3. Organizational Behaviour.
4. Information Technology in Banking & Insurance
5. Financial Market
6. Direct Taxation
7. Foundation Course - III
1. Corporate and Security Law
2. Business Economics
3. Information Technology
4. Entrepreneurship Management
5. Foundation Course - IV
6. Cost Accounting
7. Financial Management
1.International Banking & Finance
2. Research Methodology
3. Financial Reporting Analysis
5. Strategic Management
6. Financial Services Management
1. Central Banking
2. Project Work in Bank & Insurance
3. Security Analysis & Portfolio Management
4. Auditing - II
5. Human Resource Management
6. Turn Around Management
A candidate for being eligible for admission to the Bachelor of Commerce (Banking and Insurance) Degree course shall have passed XII std. examination of the Maharashtra State Board of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent and secured not less than 45% marks in aggregate at first attempt (40% in case of reserved category). Every candidate admitted to the degree Course shall have to register himself/herself with the University of Mumbai.
Admission to the course offered by the rules framed by the University of Mumbai from time to time and will be given at the commencement of the first semester.
Candidates seeking admission other than Maharashtra board and colleges affiliated other than University of Mumbai must produce a Transfer Certificate from the board/college last attended.
Students who pursue this Programme are trained in the fundamentals of Banking and Insurance, apart from Management, Accounting, Security Analysis, Portfolio Management and HRM, besides skills such as communication and IT that are quintessential to a career in the Banking and Insurance sectors.
Scheme of Examination
The Scheme of the Examination shall be divided in two parts:
1. Internal Assessment – 25 Marks
The allocation of 25 marks shall be on the following basis:
a) One class tests of 20 marks to be held in the given semester.
b) 5 marks for Class Participation and Attendance.
2. Semester End Examination – 75 Marks
a) Duration – This examination shall be of 2½ hours.
- 5th September, 2020 - Virtual Teacher's Day Celebration
- 15th September 2020 - Guest lecture on Banking by Mr. Tanuj Podar from Financial Planning Academy
- 16th September 2020 - FYBBI Orientation Programme
- 25th December 2020 - Virtual Christmas Celebration
- 1st January, 2021 - Virtual New Year Celebration
- 15th February, 2021 - Webinar on Overview of Insurance Sector and Career Prospects by Dr. B.S. Powdwal
- 17th February, 2021 - Webinar on Digital Payment Literacy Program by NPCI
- 24th February, 2021 - Webinar on Professional Ethics in Banking Sector by Ms. Kanika Kapahi
- 9th March, 2021 - BBI Fun Week Day 1 (Theme- "Try to be Positive")
- 10th March, 2021 - BBI Fun Week Day 2 (Theme- "Bid and Fold")
- 11th March, 2021 - BBI Fun Week Day 3 (Theme- "Who's the Smartest")
- 12th March, 2021 - BBI Fun Week Day 4 (Theme- "All about Bollywood")
- 13th March, 2021 - BBI Fun Week Day 5 (Theme- "BBI Quiz")
- 23rd March, 2021 - Session by Dr. Ranu Jain on Financial Literacy
- 29th March, 2021 - Virtual Holi Celebration.
- BAJAJ FINSERV
- SUN BIRLA LIFE
- JM FINANCIAL
- Ms. Pooja Talreja (Course Co-ordinator)
- Dr. Nitin Bharasker
- Ms. Pooja Talreja (Course Co-ordinator)